jump to: Day 2
Our holiday starts this afternoon, with the pick up from Havant of 7 of the 9 of us that will be on the trip. Before that I go to work for half a day in the morning, then go home to pick up Mrs.K. and drive over to Havant.
It really is a tight squeeze to get us and our luggage into the mini bus that the taxi firm sent, but we
managed it. Our driver did hit heavy traffic on the M25 but minimized the impact by somehow dodging around much of it. The driver drops us at Heathrow Terminal 5 and we take the lift up to the check in level. Being T5, we can drop our bags (we did the check-in on-line yesterday and already printed our own boarding cards) at any check-in desk. What a marvelous system. right: T5 Light Christmas tree
Once we're passed Security then we're free to roam the huge departure lounge, air-side. We decide to have a drink at one of the Weatherspoons there, and then to have a meal there before we board later, which should be at about 7.40 PM.
So, a good start to the trip and after the meal we make out way to the departure gate, which involves using the underground train for 1 stop to reach the gate, from where we board the airplane. Mrs. K and I takes our seats at the back of the plane, in 53B and 53CI put my watch forward by 2 hours, to Cape Town time, and settle down to watch a movie - Alan Partridge: Alpha-Papa - which I enjoyed a lot. Maybe I annoyed a few people with all the laugh out loud moments, I dunno.
After the Movie I decide to try and get some sleep which was mainly cat naps. Still, better than nothing.
jump to: Day 2

No comments:
Post a Comment