Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Day 17

Day 17  -Back in the UK (Sun. 24 Nov.)

 jump to: Day 16


I think that I did manage to sleep better on the homeward flight than on the going out one. It seemed quieter, with fewer people milling around. Not much of a drag then , time wise. I decline the on-board breakfast, I mean, I don’t really want my breakfast at 5 am.
We arrive on time at Heathrow, T5, at 6.30 am, leaving the aircraft via an air bridge, then taking the underground train 1 stop before proceeding to the baggage reclaim area. Now, as Mrs. K. and I had seat right at the back, we're two of the last to leave the plane, so by the time we get to the carousel, our bags are all ready retrieved for us so we can go straight through the (deserted) green customs channel and out to arrivals.
The mini bus / Taxi is summoned, we load up and get on board for the next leg of our journey. It's early Sunday morning, its clear but cold. Better get used to it eh? I snooze part of the way and before long we're at Havant and unloading. It's a relatively quick turn around now, to load up our own car, and get on the road, for the final leg home. Its 09.30 - now would be a good time for breakfast I think. Ah, yes but, we're in England now, and there's nowhere on our way to get breakfast a this time on a Sunday . Oh well, we'll go straight home then and make it Brunch instead, and settle back as best we can, to life back home in England.

 jump to: Day 16 |

No comments:

Post a Comment